Colour Voter ID Card in Uttarakhand
The Election Commission has introduced colour voter ID cards to eligible individuals as an upgrade on the previous voter ID cards, which were black and white. These voter ID cards, also known as EPIC (Electoral Photo Identity Card), serve as identification during elections and permit the holder to exercise his franchise under the system of ‘one person, one vote’. The new voter ID cards are also printed on plastic and resemble PAN cards in their stylization.
The colour voter ID card, like its monochrome predecessor, contains the holder’s name, address, date of birth, constituency as well as the signature of the issuing authority.
Given below are the ways to apply for a voter ID card in the state of Uttarakhand.
Online Application Process for Voter ID in Uttarakhand
Individuals can apply for a voter ID card online in Uttarakhand by following the below process:
- Visit the website of the Chief Electoral Officer, Uttarakhand and click on the ‘Online Services for Voters’ tab on the homepage.
- Select the ‘Online Registration of New Voter’ tab from the options provided onscreen.
- Form 6 will be displayed on screen. Fill in the details as requested after reading through the instructions on filling in the form.
- If you wish to continue filling the form at a later date, click ‘Save’, otherwise fill in all details and click ‘Submit’.
- A verification code will appear, which has to filled in, after which an acknowledgement will appear on screen.
- Take note of the reference number that is mentioned in the acknowledgement as it can be used to track your application status.
- Once the form is processed, a Booth Level Officer (BLO) will visit your home to verify the details submitted, at which time you will have to produce the necessary documentation.
- After the verification is completed, the voter ID card will be sent to the address mentioned in the form by post.
Offline Application Process for Voter ID in Uttarakhand
Individuals who do not have access to online services can also apply for a voter ID card in Uttarakhand through the offline method, details of which are given below:
- Visit an electoral office and collect a copy of Form 6, which is the form for inclusion of a new voter in the electoral roll.
- Fill in the details as requested and submit the form along with the necessary documents and fee to the electoral office.
- Once the form has been submitted, a receipt with a reference number will be handed over, which can be used to track the application status.
- After the form has been processed, a Booth Level Officer (BLO) will visit your home to verify details mentioned in the form.
- Once successful verification, you will receive the voter ID card via post.
Documents to be Submitted When Applying for Voter ID Card
The following documents are to be submitted when applying for a voter ID card in Uttarakhand:
- Recent passport sized photographs.
- Proof of identity (copy of passport/PAN/Aadhaar Card/driving licence/bank passbook etc.)
- Proof of residence (copy of ration card/passport/Aadhaar Card/driving licence etc.)
How to track status in Uttarakhand
Tracking Voter ID Status Online
The facility to track your voter ID application is not available on the Uttarakhand CEO website(http://ceo.uk.gov.in/). You can search for your name in the electoral rolls to ensure that your name has been included.
- Visit the Search page(http://election.uk.gov.in/) on the website.
- You can search District wise or Assembly Constituency wise.
- Enter either your name or EPIC number.
- Click on “Search” to get your results.
Tracking Voter ID status via SMS
This facility is currently unavailable in Uttarakhand but may be rolled out in the near future.
Calling on the Dedicated ECI Helpline Number
You can call the ECI Helpline number 1950 toll free. The helpline is available on all working days between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm.
How to Apply for Duplicate Voter ID Card in Uttarakhand
In the event you have lost or misplaced your voter ID card, you can apply for a duplicate one by following the below process:
- Visit the nearest police station and file an FIR (First Information Report) to report the theft/loss of your voter ID card.
- Download Form 002 or collect a copy of the form from an electoral office and fill in the particulars as requested, such as name, address, date of birth, voter ID card number etc.
- Submit the FIR, form and identity documents to the electoral office along with the fee (Rs. 25) for the duplicate card.
- Once the application is reviewed, the duplicate voter ID card will be dispatched shortly.
How to Make Corrections in Voter ID Card in Uttarakhand
If there are errors in your voter ID card that you want corrected, you can get the mistakes corrected in the following way:
- Collect a copy of Form 8 from an electoral office or download it from the Chief Electoral Officer’s website and fill in the details.
- Submit the form along with documents mentioning the correct information to the nearest electoral office.
- After reviewing the application, a voter ID card with the corrected information will be dispatched.
How to Apply for Change of Address in Voter ID Card Online in Uttarakhand
Applicants who have moved residence are required to update the same on their voter ID card. The process to change the address as mentioned on the voter ID card for Uttarakhand is given below:
- Visit the website of the Chief Electoral Officer, Uttarakhand and click on the ECI Homepage link.
- Select ‘Correction of Entries in Electoral Roll’ from the options on screen.
- Select Form 8A, fill in and submit the form.
- Remember to upload documents mentioning your new address (such as utility bills) when submitting the form.
- Once the application has been processed, a new voter ID card will be dispatched to your new address.
How to Apply for Change of Address in Voter ID Card Offline in Uttarakhand
To apply for a change of address in your voter ID card offline, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Collect a copy of Form 8A from an electoral office and fill in the details requested.
- Submit the form along with proof of the changed address to the electoral office.
- Once the application has been reviewed and processed, the voter ID card with the changed address will be dispatched.