Today is the Third day of the most popular SSC CGL (2017) Examination. SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 exam is being held from 5th August 2017 to 25th august 2017. In this post we are sharing SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 (Day-3) Exam Review and Analysis. This review is prepared based on the feedback received from the candidates appeared in SSC CGL 2017 Examination.
- Exam duration is of 60 minutes (1 Hour).
- The Total Number of Questions for the Exam is: 100
- The Total Marks for the Exam is: 200
- Negative Marking for every wrong answer : 0.50
As seen in previous days SSC is very strict about punctuality, the aspirants reached after 9:30 a.m. for morning shift (batch-1) were not allowed.
The overall review regarding SSC Server was good. Server Speed was improved and better than previous years. But still some students faced slight lag on the software, which was ignorable.
- On this shift 3-4 tricky questions were asked in reasoning.
- But still this is the most scoring section in the whole paper.
- The Paper pattern and level of questions were almost same as seen in previous years with bit improvement.
- A couple of tricky questions were also asked, its better to skip such questions for later time.
- An attempt of 20-22 questions with high accuracy will be considered good.
- No surprises in this section.
- If you are good at GK then this section will boost up your over all score.
- As usual 3-4 current questions were also asked.
- An attempt of 14-16 questions with good accuracy will be considered good.
- Don’t Assume this Section easy.
- Winner of Oscar award 2017 ? Moonlight.
- Citizen and socity book is written by?
- Highest production of opium?
- What Acid is present in Ant Sting?
- No of writs ?
- Cholera was discovered by?
- Monument Built by Rana Pratap Singh :
- Match the following Questions on Mithali Raj, Lalita Babar etc
- One Question on a New Government Scheme
- This was again a scoring section for math experts.
- This year level of maths questions were moderate.
- Advance maths sections were bit calculative and time consuming.
- Questions were not as easy as asked on CGL 2016, SSC has improved the level of questions.
- Geometry questions were not easy
- Questions from Trains were not easy
- Algebra was Moderate
- A few questions were piece of cake while some needs tricks and calculations.
- An attempt of 18-20 questions with high accuracy will be considered good.
- Questions from Advance maths and percentage (%, P&L, CI-SI etc) topics were high.
- Trigonometric Identities questions of high level
- Question was asked on area of isosceles triangle
- No question from Height and Distance
- No Questions from co-ordinate geometry
- One Question on frustum of cone
- 1+ cos28/1-cos28 =?
- 3^36 – 5^36 is divisible by ?
P.S.: Advance Maths tricky and lengthy
- English had New surprises in this year CGL.
- There were 1-2 questions asked from Voice and narration.
- 5 questions from Cloze test and a couple of para-jumble questions were also asked.
- Questions on Idioms are repeated from previous years
- Questions from Syno-Anto were new
- No questions on Reading Comprehension were asked.
- An attempt of 18-20 questions with good accuracy will be considered good.
- We suggest you not to attempt the questions you are not sure of because of negative marking.
One Word Substitution:
One who walks in sleep: Somnambulist
Idiom /Phrase :
Alpha and Omega : The beginning and the end
Throw the Sponge : To concede defeat (give up)
1) Active and Passive Voice (Easy)
2) Direct Indirect Speech (easy)
3) Para-jumble (PQRS) Questions (Moderate)
4) Cloze Test (Moderate- Tough)
Today (In morning shift) questions from Reading Comprehension (Passage) was NOT asked, Instead Cloze test was asked/
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Easy-Moderate||20-22|
- SSC has raised the level of questions in SSC CGL 2017 than CGL 2016.
- Reasoning is the most scoring subject while GK depends on your knowledge base and awareness.
- In SSC CGL 2016 Maths was way too easy but this time its bit calculative and time consuming (especially Advance Maths).
- Many candidates are facing scarcity of time in solving whole paper.
- This year English pattern is bit inclined on Tier-2 pattern.
- Questions on Voice, Narration, PQRS, Cloze test are also being asked.
- Overall SSC has improved its level and cut-off will surely fall this year due to level questions and time constraint.
Overall Maths was moderate – tough, calculative and time consuming, and English has new pattern and level is at par with CGL mains (Tier-2).