SSC CGL 2019 exam conducted by the respective authority The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year to recruit the eligible candidates for several posts in Ministries/ organizations/departments as given after this topic. The online application for the computer-based examination (CBE) will commence from March 2019 onwards. Tier -1 is expected to be organized in the month of June 2019 and Tier II will be held from September 2019 tentatively.
SSC CGL 2019 Highlights
|Name of the exam||CGL exam (Combined Graduate Level)|
|Conducting body||SSC (Staff Selection Commission)|
|No. of Tiers||4|
|Examination mode||Online (Computer-based)|
|No. of questions||100|
|Total marks||100 (Tier-1), 400 (Tier-2)|
|Duration||1 Hour (for tier-1), 2 Hours for tier-2|
SSC CGL 2019 Important Dates (Tentative)
The tentative schedule for SSC CGL examination to be held in 2019 has been tabulated below:
|Publication of Official Notification for SSC 2019||4th week of April 2019|
|Availability of SSC CGL 2019 Application Form||4th week of April 2019|
|CGL 2019 Registration closes||4th week of May 2019|
|Last date to Pay Online Application Fee||4th week of May 2019|
|Release of Online admit card for Tier-1||1st week of July 2019|
|SSC CGL 2019 (Tier I) Exam Date||4th week of July to 3rdweek of Aug 2019|
|SSC CGL 2019 Result (Tier-I)||September 2019|
|Tier II Admit Card||October 2019|
|SSC CGL (Tier II) 2019 Exam Date||4th week of November 2019|
|SSC CGL Result (Tier II) 2019||December 2019|
|Tier III Admit Card||January 2020|
|SSC CGL 2019 (Tier III) Exam Date||January 2020 (To be updated later)|
|SSC CGL (Tier IV) Exam Date||March/April 2020 (To be updated later)|
SSC CGL 2019 Application Form Details
The applicants are advised to stay in touch with the official website to know the latest happenings related to SSC CGL 2019. Applicants will have to fill all the necessary information and personal details in the application form. Candidates will have to upload the scanned photo and signature, after filling all the personal and educational details in the application form.
Mode of Answering
CGL 2019 Tier I and Tier II exam will be conducted in online mode as a Computer-Based Test while Tier 3 is a pen/paper mode Descriptive Test, and Tier 4 is a Skill-Based Test to check the Data Entry Speed/Computer Proficiency (wherever applicable).
Medium of Examination
SSC CGL 2019 will be conducted in Hindi, and English.
- Candidate must be anIndian citizen/a subject of Bhutan or Nepal.
- A Tibetan refugee who came here before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle here permanently.
For Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute and
- Desirable: Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics
For Junior Statistical Officer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level: or
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
For all other Posts:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
Age Limit and Relaxation
- Age limit will be counted as on 01.08.2019.
- Age of the applicant should be between 18 to 32 years.
- Age criteria vary post to post.
|3||Gen +PH||10 yrs|
|4||OBC+ PH||13 yrs|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 yrs|
|7||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 yrs|
|8||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 yrs|
- To complete the registration process, applicants have to pay the application fee.
- The fee can be paid through Challan generated online and SBI Net banking or through debit/credit card.
- General male candidate category has to pay Rs.100/- only.
- Female candidates and SC/ST/PH/Ex-servicemen are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded in any case.
Documents to be uploaded
Candidates must keep the following documents at hand while filling the SSC CGL 2019 application form:
- Scanned Passport sized photograph – between 30-50 kb – JPG format
- Scanned Signature – between 1-12 kb – JPG format
SSC CGL Form Correction
SSC provides a Form Correction facility which allows candidates to edit or modify incorrect information. Candidates are also intimated about the form correction window in case of any discrepancy in the information.
Candidates are allowed to make changes in the following particulars filled in their SSC CGL 2019 form
- Examination City
- Father’s name
- Candidate name
- Address of the candidate
Candidates can check their SSC CGL online application form status by visiting the official website. This would help candidates to know whether their application is received by the respective examination authority or not.
The status displayed on the website could be one among the following
- Under Scrutiny
- Defect Status
SSC CGL 2019 Exam Pattern
- Tier I: Written Examination (Computer Based)
- Tier II: Written Examination (Computer Based)
- Tier III: Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper Mode)
- Tier IV: Data Entry Skill Test(DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test(CPT) (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
Tier – I Exam Pattern
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
Note- Time is 60 minutes (For VH & Candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy:
Tier-II Exam Pattern
|I||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 Minutes (for each Paper)|
For VH/ OH: 160 Minutes
|II||English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
(Finance and Economics)
- The applicants have to write essay/précis/letter/application etc.
- The examination will be of total 100 marks & the duration will be of 60 minutes. The duration of the examination will be 80 minutes for VH & Cerebral Palsy applicants.
|Mode of Examination||Scheme of Examination||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed|
|Pen and Paper mode||Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi (Writing of Essay/ Precis/|
For VH/ OH: 80 Minutes
Previous year questions and Practice sets
|English Section||SSC English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers 1997-Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|
|Quantitative Aptitude||SSC Mathematics Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 – Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||SSC Reasoning Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 – Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|
|General Awareness||SSC General Awareness Chapterwise Solved Papers 1997 – Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|
SSC CGL 2019 Admit Card
SSC CGL admit card 2019 would be made available a week before the scheduled date of exam for the respective candidate. Candidates will have to visit the official website in order to download the admit card. No physical copy of admit card through post would be dispatched.
Admit card contains information like candidate’s name, roll no., exam center details, date of exam, time of exam, signature and photograph of the candidate.
SSC CGL 2019 Syllabus
SSC CGL 2019 Tier 1 comprises:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
SSC CGL 2019 Tier-2 comprises:
- Paper-1: Quantitative Ability
- Paper-2: English Language and Comprehension
- Paper-3: Statistics
- Paper-4: General Studies (Finance and Economics)
SSC CGL 2019 Answer Key
SSC CGL 2019 answer key would be made available on the official website of the SSC after 3 to 4 weeks of the completion of the exam. Candidates would be able to check the answer key and the respective response marked by them by logging in the official portal.
Unofficial answer keys would be published by various coaching centers on their respective website. However, authenticity of the answers can’t be guaranteed. Thus, candidates are advised to wait for the official answer keys to be announced.
SSC CGL 2019 Result
SSC CGL 2019 Result will be declared in May-June, 2020 on the official website. Candidates would be required to login the online portal in order to check their results.
The results would be compiled in post-wise and marks-wise manner with the candidate scoring highest marks overall being credited with All India Rank (AIR) 1. Job allotments would be done on the basis of AIR of the candidate.
Application of link
|Official Website of conducting body||http://ssc.nic.in/|
|Login Page||(to be updated)|
|SSC Application Portal||(To be updated)|
|Official Brochure||(To be updated)|