Today is the Second day of the highly competitive and most popular SSC CGL (2017) Examination. SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 exam is being held from 5th August 2017 to 25th august 2017. In this post we are sharing SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 (Day-2) Exam Review and analysis. This review is prepared based on the feedback received from the candidates appeared in SSC CGL 2017 examination.
Exam Pattern : (SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1)
- Exam duration is of 60 minutes (1 Hour).
- The Total Number of Questions for the Exam is: 100
- The Total Marks for the Exam is: 200
- Negative Marking for every wrong answer : 0.50
REVIEW and ANALYSIS OF SSC CGL 2017 TIER-I (Morning Shift of Day-2) 06-08-2017
1) Timing and Punctuality:
Same as Day-1 SSC was very strict about punctuality, the aspirants reached after 9:30 a.m. for morning shift (batch-1) were not allowed.
2) Server Speed:
The overall review regarding SSC Server was good. Server Speed was improved and better than previous years. But still some students faced slight lag on the software, which was ignorable.
SECTION WISE ANALYSIS:
1) Review and Analysis of SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 (General Intelligence and Reasoning)
This is the most scoring section in the whole paper. The Paper pattern and level of questions were same as seen in previous years. A couple of tricky questions were also embedded to waste aspirants time, its better to skip such questions for later time. An attempt of 20-22 questions with high accuracy will be considered good. No surprises in this section.
2) Review and Analysis of SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 (General Awareness – GK)
As you all know GK is a vast subject. As usual 3-4 current questions were also asked. If you are good at GK then this section will boost up your over all score. An attempt of 14-16 questions with good accuracy will be considered good. Questions from Science, History and polity were high. Don’t Assume this Section easy.
3) Review and Analysis of SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 (Quantitative Aptitude – Maths)
This was again a scoring section. This year level of maths questions were moderate-tough. Advance maths sections were bit calculative and time consuming. Questions were not as easy as asked on CGL 2016. SSC has improved the level of questions. A few questions were piece of cake while some needs lengthy calculations. Attempting all questions will require more time than practice mocks sets you might have appeared in. An attempt of 20-22 questions with high accuracy will be considered good. Questions from Advance maths and percentage (%, P&L, CI-SI etc) topics were high.
P.S.: Advance Maths Calculative and lengthy
4) Review and Analysis of SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 (English Comprehension)
English had new surprises this year CGL. There were 1-2 questions asked from Voice and narration. 5 questions from Cloze test and a couple of para-jumble questions were also asked. Vocabulary section had repeated previous questions along with some new questions. No questions on Reading Comprehension were asked. An attempt of 18-20 questions with good accuracy will be considered good. We suggest you not to attempt the questions you are not sure of because of negative marking.
1) Active and Passive Voice (Easy)
2) Direct Indirect Speech (easy)
3) Para-jumble (PQRS) Questions (Moderate)
4) Cloze Test (Moderate- Tough)
Today Questions from Reading Comprehension (Passage) was asked.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Easy-Moderate||20-22|
- SSC has raised the level of questions in SSC CGL 2017 than CGL 2016.
- Reasoning is the most scoring subject while GK depends on your knowledge base and awareness.
- In SSC CGL 2016 Maths was way too easy but this time its bit calculative and time consuming (especially Advance Maths).
- Many candidates are facing scarcity of time in solving whole paper.
- This year English pattern is bit inclined on Tier-2 pattern.
- Questions on Voice, Narration, PQRS, Cloze test are also being asked.
- Overall SSC has improved its level and cut-off will surely fall this year due to level questions and time constraint.
Overall Maths was moderate – tough, calculative and time consuming, and English has new pattern and level is at par with CGL mains (Tier-2).