SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I Review and Analysis (10-08-2017)
- Exam duration is 60 minutes (1 Hour).
- The Total Number of Questions for the Exam is: 100
- The Total Marks for the Exam is: 200
- Negative Marking for every wrong answer: 0.50
- Today reasoning was easy and scoring (Shift-1)R
- A couple of questions were confusing.
- You are advised not to give much time to any particular questions, avoid ego over any question.
- The Paper pattern and level of questions were better than previous years questions.
- An attempt of 20-22 questions with high accuracy will be considered good.
- Odd one out 125 216 516 343
- Questions on series, venn diagrams
- Count the number of triangles
- General Awareness questions were easy to moderate depending on ones’s knowledgebase.
- If you are good at GK then this section will boost up your over all score.
- As usual 3-4 current questions were also asked.
- An attempt of 16-18 questions with good accuracy will be considered good.
- This Section may be treated average.
- Rekha the untold story book was written by? Yasser Usman
- Who was Anpadh Raja?- Akbar
- What is the SI unit of Current?
- Gulf of Morrocco is between which 2 Countries?
- Maratha state lies in between?
- Which is not present in plants?
- If a line passes through Sikkim then it will touch which of the states?
- 2 Match the following questions. (Based on temples and Capitals).
- Name of Ganga river in Bangladesh?
- How many bits consist of an IP address?
- Sunlight helps to get which vitamin?
- Questions were not very tough but they were time taking.
- Timing is a big constraint.
- Advance maths sections were bit calculative and time-consuming.
- Trigonometry questions were moderate but time taking
- An attempt of 18-20 questions with high accuracy will be considered good.
- Questions from Advance maths and percentage (%, P&L, CI-SI etc) topics were high.
- DI lengthy and Calculative
- No question from Height and Distance
- No Questions from coordinate geometry
P.S.: Advance Maths tricky and lengthy
- English had New surprises in this year CGL.
- There were 1-1 questions asked from Voice and narration.
- 5 questions from Cloze test and two of para-jumble questions were asked.
- No questions on Reading Comprehension were asked.
- An attempt of 18-20 questions with good accuracy will be considered good.
- We suggest you not to attempt the questions you are not sure of because of negative marking.
- Idioms: Will o wisp
- Synonym: Ascend, Waggish
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Easy||20-22|
- SSC has raised the level of questions in SSC CGL 2017 than CGL 2016.
- Reasoning is the most scoring subject while GK depends on your knowledge base and awareness.
- In SSC CGL 2016 Maths was way too easy but this time its bit calculative and time consuming (especially Advance Maths).
- Many candidates are facing scarcity of time in solving whole paper.
- This year English pattern is bit inclined on Tier-2 pattern.
- Questions on Voice, Narration, PQRS, Cloze test are also being asked.
- Vocabs were new.
- Overall SSC has improved its level and cut-off will surely fall this year due to level questions and time constraint.
This Year Cut will surely Fall.
Overall Maths was moderate, calculative and time-consuming, and English has new pattern, with New Vocabs and level is at par with CGL mains (Tier-2).