SMAT 2019 – Sports Management Admission Test is an entrance exam conducted for eligible candidates to apply in Sports Management at International Institute of Sports Management.
The aspirants of SMAT 2019 will be tested on their aptitude in Math and English. The majority of the focus for testing candidates will be based on their interest and knowledge in various sports.
IISM’s SMART has 30% of weightage, and the questions are related to sports. Candidates from any educational background and who have the keen interest in sports may apply. This entrance exam is conducted in online mode, i.e., computer based.
SMAT allows candidates to take admission in Bachelor of Sports Management (BSM), Master of Sports Management (MSM), PGPS & WM program. There will be 3 round process. Candidates will be selected by overall and sectional cutoffs.
SMAT 2019 Important Dates
The table is directed to represent a tentative schedule for SMAT 2019 events. These dates are subject to change as per International Institute of Sports Management.
SMAT 2019 Exam Date
|Round 1 Application process starts||3rd week of November 2018|
|Round 1 application process ends||02nd week of December 2018|
|SMAT Round 1 exam||03rd week of December 2018|
|Round 2 application ends||04th week of December 2018|
|SMAT Round 2 entrance exam||01st week of January 2019|
|SMAT Round 3 application process ends||03rd week of January 2019|
|SMAT Round 3 entrance exam||04th week of January 2019|
|Result declaration||February 2019|
SMAT 2019 Application Procedure
- Candidates may apply for their desired programme by SMAT or through MAH-CET Scores.
- Candidates have to visit the official website at www.iismworld.com and click the apply link.
- The application form will be completed in 5 steps
- Step-1- Registration (Enter a name, permanent email, mobile number, select state, select city, select course), Step-2- Verifying Email, Step-3- Filling the application form, Step-4- Uploading required documents and Step-5- Paying Application Fees
- Submitting the fees would be the last stage of an application process.
- Candidates will be required to pay the amount using available options.
- The amount to be paid by candidates depending on candidate’s category will be indicated later.
SMAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates will be analyzed for suitability by following points. Each differs based on the selection mode indicated by candidates:-
Criteria if Applying through SMAT 2019
- Qualifying examination-HSC and graduation level (Bachelor’s degree)
- Minimum marks- at least 50% for applicants belonging to the Open category.
- Reservation– 5% i.e. candidates from reserved category having 45% at HSC or Graduation may apply.
Criteria if applying through MAH-CET score
- Aspirants of MSM & PG ma ay also apply using MAH-CET scores. However, candidates must satisfy these criteria.
- Minimum marks required– a minimum of 55 percentile (45 for reserved category) in MAH CET Test will be required.
Exam Pattern for MSM/ PGPS & WM
There will be three rounds for selecting candidates. Round 1 will be the ONLINE test. The pattern has been provided below. There is a slight difference in the exam pattern for both the courses.
- Mode of exam-Online
- Duration- 2 hours for MSM/ PGPS & WM and 1.5 hours for BSM.
|Sections||Areas||MSM/ PGPS & WM||BSM|
|Section 1||Quantitative Analysis||20||15|
|Section 2||Data Interpretation||30||25|
|Section 3||Verbal Ability||35||25|
|Section 4||Sports Awareness||35||25|
|Duration of the exam-||2 hours||1.5 hours|
SMAT 2019 Ran round 2 & 3
- Round 2 for MSM/ PGPS & WM and BSM differ from each other.
- For MSM/ PGPS & WM, students will have to submit a Statement of Purpose explaining why they want to join the Master’s program.
- Candidates will geta a questionnaire to write SoP.
- For BSM, students reaching Round 2 will have to submit an essay on the topic given to them related to sports and social issues.
- Pointers will be given to selected candidates to write the essay.
- Round 3- will be a face to face interaction round. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of round 2. The interview shall focus on candidate’s liking and awareness on a business of sports.
Preparation Tips for SMAT 2019
- International Institute of Sports Management has provided a guide on its official website at www.iismworld.com that states how the SMAT exam can be cracked.
- Candidates are advised to read this guide carefully and abide by the guidelines.
- The test has various aspects as discussed on the website.
- Also, check out the sample papers for Bachel, or of Sports Management and Master of Sports Management
SMAT 2019 Syllabus
- Quantitative Analysis: Be affluent with tricks that will help in solving the number based questions easily. Know the formulas well to avoid spending time on word-based problems.
- Verbal Analysis:As the name suggests, verbal analysis would comprise question the s that would judge your reading and reasoning abilities. So be sure you are well aware. The questions are framed such that assess students skills in understanding the concept of framed words and comprehension skills. This test would also want them to think constructively and communicate in the language.
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation:It is important for students to use logic and take decisions. The test will assess the student’s logical thinking ability based on how they gather required information from a data pool. It is essential to know how the to apply data and understand it.
SMAT Admit Card 2019
- Hall tickets will be issued for candidates who register themselves before the last date expires.
- The SMAT 2019 admit cardwill have all the essential information related to the exam venue.
- You must be present at the center at least 30 minutes prior the exam starts to complete the formalities.
- Do not forget to carry a valid ID proof to be on the safer side.
SMAT Result 2019
- Results of SMAT 2019 Resultwill be announced in online mode through the official website at www.iismworld.com/smat-result.
- Results of Rounds 1,2 & 3 will be embedded on the page.
- Clicking the link round wise, you will see the pdf file containing the Serial number, First name, Last name, Ova overall percentage, Overall Percentile, Candidate Rank, Reservation category, Course applied for, Qualifying status.
- Candidates should keep a photocopy of the result page