Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA) invites online applications for Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme 2018 for Minorities. In this scheme, central government will provide financial assistance to meritorious students from poor minority communities to enable them to pursue higher education. Interested & eligible minority candidates can fill Post Matric Scholarship Scheme Online Application Form at scholarships.gov.in
This assistance is given as admission fees, tuition fees and maintenance allowance to students for Class XI, XII, UG and PG courses. Only 2 students from single family can avail these benefits. The main aim is to award scholarships to students from economically weaker sections of minority community in order to provide better opportunities and raise rate of attainment for higher education and to enhance their employability.
Post Matric Minority Scholarship 2018-19 will be implemented under the Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programme included in List of Minority Welfare Schemes. Last Date to apply online for Post Matric Scholarship 2018 is 30 September 2018.
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme 2018 Application Form for Minorities
Below is the complete procedure to apply online for Post Matric Scholarship 2018 for Minorities:-
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal at scholarships.gov.in
- At homepage, go to “Central Schemes” section and click at “Ministry of Minority Affairs” sub-section. Then click at “Apply” link in front of ‘Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities’ or directly click this link
- Then the Post Matric Minority Scholarship 2018 Login Page will appear as follows:-
- Then click at “New Student ? Register Here” link and then the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme Registration Guidelines will appear as follows:-
- Read the instructions and click at “Continue” button to open the Post Matric Scholarship Registration Form:-
- Fill the essential details, click at the “Register” button to get Username and ID on your registered Mobile Number.
- After candidates can “Login” using the details sent on Mobile number, Verify OTP, Change Password and then click at the “Apply” link on the dashboard to fill the Post Matric Scholarship 2018 Online Application Form which will appear as follows:-
- Fill all the details and click at the “Save & Continue” button to complete the online application process for Post Matric Scholarship Scheme 2018-19.
This scheme focuses on Minorities Empowerment through education and will lead to upliftment of socio economic conditions of the students from minority communities.
Post Matric Minority Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Any eligible student studying in Class 1st to 10th in any govt. or private school can apply for the Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme. Eligibility Criteria for Post Matric Minority Scholarship is mentioned below:-
- Applicants must have secured at-least 50% marks or equivalent in the previous final examination.
- Applicant must belong to the minority community.
- Annual income of the family of the applicant from all sources must not exceed Rs. 2 lakh per annum.
Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been notified as minority communities. Moreover, 30% of scholarships will be earmarked for girl students.
Post Matric Scholarship 2018-19 – Duration & Rate of Scholarship
Govt. will provide Post Matric Scholarship 2018 for the entire course duration. However, maintenance allowance is only given for 10 months in an academic year. The rate of Scholarship is given below:-
Post Matric Scholarship 2018 Amount
|Admission and tuition fee for classes XI and XII||Rs. 7,000 p.a||Rs. 7000 p.a|
|Admission and Tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII (including fees / charges for raw materials)||Rs. 10,000 p.a||Rs. 10000 p.a|
|Tuition & Admission Fees for Under-graduate & Post Graduate Courses||Rs. 3,000 p.a||Rs. 3000 p.a|
|Maintenance Allowance for Class XI and XII including technical and vocational courses||Rs. 380 p.m||Rs. 230 p.m|
|Maintenance Allowance for courses other than technical and professional courses at UG and PG level||Rs. 570 p.m||Rs. 300 p.m|
|Maintenance Allowance for M.Phil and Ph.D||Rs. 1200 p.m||Rs. 550 p.m|
State Government / Union Territory administration will implement this scholarship scheme. To get all the details, click at the link – Post Matric Scholarship 2018 Scheme Details
— In case of any query, candidates can see Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ’s
— For more details, visit the official website https://scholarships.gov.in/