Electoral Board of Rajasthan provides sufficient and pertinent info about the office regarding electoral rights, voters id application procedure in the state. Together with co-operation from their citizens, Rajasthan has certainly succeeded in developing a people friendly and transparent system that encourage inputs from people.
Type of Election Forms Available in Rajasthan
There are many elections forms listed on the site. Each form is fashioned for different purpose. You need to be careful to get the correct form.
The form names and their purposes are given below:
- Form 6 (Application for inclusion of name in electoral roll)
- Form 7 (Application form for objection/ deletion of a name in electoral roll)
- Form 8 (Application form for correction of details given)
- Form 8 A (to apply for transposition of an entry in the electoral roll).
How to Apply for Voter ID Card Online in Rajasthan
Spread in around 342,239 square kilometres area, Rajasthan is country’s biggest state in terms of area. Rajasthan legislative assembly boasts of 200 electorates and 25 parliamentary constituencies and the largest constituency here is in Jaisalmer. Most of the voters in the state are from rural areas and remote districts which is the reason why Rajasthan election commission has the additional work of getting new voters recorded for voter ids in Rajasthan.
To register for a voter ID card in Rajasthan, please visit the central election commission website (eci-citizenservices.nic.in) where you may go for signing up as a new user account with your email id and mobile number. You will be sent your login credentials to your email as well as phone so that you can go back to it anytime. After you have logged in to the website, you will be directed to a form. This form 6 has to be downloaded and duly filled for a new voter registration in Rajasthan. At the top of the application form you can pick your state as Rajasthan and then click on your district or assembly constituency.
Once you finish filling in required details such as complete name and permanent residential address, place of birth and others. You must also upload your passport sized photo (less than 1 MB size). You should also attach your ID and residence proof like driving license, passport, Aadhar card or PAN Card. There is a submission button at the bottom of the form and once that is done, you will be sent an application reference id number which will help you check your application status from time to time.
How to Apply for Voter ID Card Offline in Rajasthan
No matter how user-friendly or hassle free online application is, not everyone has the access or familiarity with new technology, especially in rural areas. Those people can still apply for a voter ID card offline in Rajasthan by going to the concerned electoral office to collect the forms.
Please follow the below steps for the same:
- Secure the application form and other listed forms from your nearest electoral office. Form 6 (Application for inclusion of name in electoral roll), Form 7 (Application form for objection/ deletion of a name in electoral roll), Form 8 (Application form for correction of details given) and Form 8 A (to apply for transposition of an entry in the electoral roll).
- Along with the correct form for application as in Form 6, you must also submit other necessary KYC documents as age proof, ID proof and residence proof.
- Please remember to keep information of your family members who already possess Voter ID cards or if their name is included in the electoral roll.
- Go to the closest Electoral Registration Office to give the documents. After approval and verification, the Booth Level officers (BLOs) sent by the ERO will call at your place to check if all the info given are accurate.
- To give a voter ID for all listed voters, regular drives are structured by the Election Commission of India (ECI) at Designated Photographic Locations (DPIs). Such drives are normally promoted in every new media.
How to track status in Rajasthan
Tracking Voter ID Status Online
The facility to track your voter ID application is not available on the Rajasthan CEO website(http://www.ceorajasthan.nic.in/index.aspx). You can search for your name in the electoral rolls to ensure that your name has been included.
- On the home page, click on “Search Name in Electoral Roll”.
- Click on “Click here to continue”.
- You can search for your name using the following:
- Search by ID card number
- Search by name
- Search by Area or Locality
Tracking Voter ID status via SMS
This facility is currently unavailable in Rajasthan but may be rolled out in the near future.
Calling on the Dedicated ECI Helpline Number
You can call the ECI Helpline number 1950 toll free. The helpline is available on all working days between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm.
Verification process of the Voter ID card in Rajasthan
The role of Rajasthan election commissioners in the processing and verification of new voters is highly important as they organize the voter list of qualified applicants. They conduct Lok Sabha and State Assembly elections as well as look after Gram Panchayat elections.
After your form is submitted, the verification process starts. The state CEO is in charge of this. A booth level officer will call at your home to validate your given residential address along with all the papers submitted. The verification will take at least 60 days after which you will be sent your new voter id card. It will be sent by the district level officer of election commission.
How to Apply for Duplicate Voter ID Card in Rajasthan
Voters ID is one of the most important document every citizen must have. That is why if you lose it, you must lose no time in notifying the police as well as applying for a duplicate card. The whole process commences with availing the right duplicate voter ID card form that can be collected from your regional state election commissioner’s office. You also have the option to download it from the state CEO website.
Nevertheless before you apply for a duplicate voter ID card in Rajasthan, there are a few legalities to be done as mentioned below.
- Firstly, the minute you lost your voters ID, file an FIR at the local police station, explaining the circumstances. Keep a copy of FIR with you in case the election commission officer requests for it.
- Now either collect the 002 form (for duplicate voter ID card applicants) from your regional election commission office or download it from their online portal.
- Fill the form as specified and submit it along with an FIR copy, age proof, photo ID and residential proof. It could be utility bill, passport, driving license, Aadhar card, SSLC book, rental/ lease agreement among others.
Process of Voter ID Card Correction Online in Rajasthan
The form 8 is particularly useful for those people who wish to make any kind of alteration or correction in their old voter ID card. Sometimes people also end up getting the wrong voter ID card. To make these corrections online without the hassle of multiple visits to regional electoral office, you can download the form from www.ceorajasthan.nic.in/Forms/FormNo7_English.doc page. After submission, the same verification process will ensue. An official will visit your place of residence to validate given information and then you can collect your new voters ID card.
Process of Voter ID Card Correction Offline in Rajasthan
If you do not want to do the correction process online, you can visit your regional electoral office and collect the Form 8 from there. Fill it as directed and submit it. They might ask you for supporting documents for proof required for change. For instance, if you are newly married and wishes to change your surname, you will be asked for your marriage certificate. After submission, the same verification process will ensue. An official will visit your place of residence to validate given information and then you can collect your new voters ID card.
Process of changes of Address for Voter Card Online in Rajasthan
If your residential address has been printed incorrectly in the Voter ID card issued in Rajasthan or if you have shifted residence to a new assembly constituency or a city, you have to make sure that the address is updated accordingly at the earliest in your Voter ID card too. This is not as frazzling a process as it once was thanks to online services.
Please follow the below steps for the same:
- Log in to the Chief Electoral Officer’s using your credentials. Click on ‘Electoral Services’ in the home page.
- Select the option ‘Change of Address’ and a form will be displayed.
- Please enter EPIC number. If you do not have it with you, you can also click on ‘Don’t know EPIC’, the system will request for your district and constituency by which your number can be tracked.
- Enter the new and old address as asked and agree to the declaration (that the information given is correct). Click on submit after which the usual review and verification by an officer follow. You will soon get the new card.
Process of changes of Address for Voter Card Offline in Rajasthan
You can also go the old fashioned way about this, which is collecting Form 8 A in person from the regional office and doing as directed by any staff there.
The procedure on how to change address in Voter ID in Rajasthan is as follows.
- Duly fill and sign the form number 8 A which is specifically designed for this purpose.
- With all required documents for new address such as utility bill, passport, aadhar card or ration card, submit the form at the closest Electorate office.
- The Election Commission Office will analyse your form and will send a new, modified Voter ID card to your new address.