All about Color Voter Card Punjab
Voter IDs were generally black and white, laminated and contained details of the individual’s Name, Age, Address, a photograph, a stamped signature of the authority issuing it, hologram sticker and a serial number. However, today, colour IDs are also available for individuals. In order to procure one, they will have to follow the steps provided below –
- Individuals will have to visit the Electoral Officer’s Website in their State
- They will then have to click on the respective link to register for new PVC Voter ID
- Required photographs and documents (if needed) will have to be submitted
- Individuals will receive a verification code on their mobile phones which will have to be provided
- Updates will be sent via SMS and the new Voter ID will be sent through post
Steps to Apply for Voter ID Card in Punjab
Individuals can apply for a Voter ID in Punjab both online and offline.
- If customers wish to apply online, they will have to visit the official website of the Chief Electoral Officer of Punjab and click on the link titled ‘Forms’.
- Individuals will have to download Form 6 which is for the inclusion of their name in the electoral roll and take a print out of it.
- Individuals will have to fill in the form with all required details such as name, address and other necessary requirements and provide all documents.
- A colour photograph against a white background will also have to be provided.
- Once the form has been filled and all documents have been attached, it will have to be sent to the Electoral Registration Officer in the area.
- Applicants can expect a visit from an official to verify all their documents and will receive their ID shortly.
- In case individuals do not wish to take the online route, then they can apply for a correction offline as well. They will have to procure Form 8, fill it and provide necessary KYC details along with a passport size photograph taken against a white background.
- The above must be submitted to the nearest Election Commission Office post which verification will be done and the corrected Voter ID will be sent to the applicant.