NEET 2019 Exam Dates has been released now. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is organized by the NTA (National testing Agency) twice in a year by NTA. It is the only national level medical entrance exam. It is organized for providing admission in MBBS, BDS & Ayush courses offered by all Indian Medical colleges. In order to get admission in medical courses in abroad, candidates have to qualify the NEET UG exam. This exam is conducted through pen paper mode. Here we are providing details about NEET 2019 exam including application form, exam date, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
NEET 2019 Notification – Exam Dates Released
NEET 2019 Exam Dates for Feb & May Exams have been released now. The application form (Feb exam) will be available from 1st October 2018. Click here to check exam dates. From 2019, the examination will be conducted through online mode (computer based exam). NEET 2019 Examination will be conducted by the NTA (National Testing Agency) twice in a year – Confirmed. Check here for details.
New Changes Introduced Last Year
On the proposal of Union Health Ministry, MCI approved several changes in the NEET UG entrance exam. Below we have listed the new changes introduced last year:
- Andhra Pradeshand Telangana have joined 15% All India Quota scheme. Candidates of these states need not to submit Self Declaration form now.
- Aadhaar Cardis also not compulsory to fill the NEET Application. But, candidates have to required any ID proof to apply for the exam.
- Indian candidates those wish to pursue MBBS/BDS in foreign nationals, they have qualify NEET UG exam.
- The attempt limit has been removedfrom the last year. Now, candidates may attempt the NEET untill the age limit as per their categories.
- NIOSor State Open School or private candidates’ are not eligible to NEET
- There will be one set for question paperin all languages.
- As per officials the exam will be bilingual(except language chosen in English).
NEET 2019 Exam Date
For Feb 2019 Exam:
|Release of application form||1st October 2018|
|Application submission last date||31st October 2018|
|Last date to pay the fee||Last week of October 2018|
|Correction Window Open||1st week of November 2018|
|Admit card available||1st week of January 2019|
|Exam date||3rd February to 17th February 2019|
|Answer key & OMR release||Within a week after exam|
|Announcement of result||1st week of March 2019|
|Counselling begins||2nd week of June 2019|
For May 2019 Exam:
|Application form Release||2nd week of March 2019|
|Application submission last date||2nd week of April 2019|
|Last date to pay the fee||2nd week of April 2019|
|Correction Window Open||3rd week of April 2019|
|Admit card available||1st week of May 2019|
|Exam date||12th May to 26th May 2019|
|Answer key & OMR release||Within a week after exam|
|Announcement of result||1st week of June 2019|
|Counselling begins||2nd week of June 2019|
NEET 2019 Application Form
Candidates should fill the application form as per the instructions given in the information bulletin. Below we are providing NEET 2019 application form details:
- The application form will be issued through online mode
- No application will be entertained through offline mode.
- NEET UG registration 2019 will be commenced from the 1st October 2018 (Feb Exam) & second week of March 2018 (May Exam).
- Candidates should upload the scanned imagesof recent passport size photograph and signature.
- After filling the application form completely, a confirmation page will be generated. Download it.
- There will be no need to sendthe printed confirmation page to the board.
- General and OBC candidates will have to pay 1400/-as an application fee.
- The application fee for SC/ST and PH candidates will be 750/-.
- Fee payment can be done through credit/debit card, net banking, UPI and e-wallet.
- Service tax will also be applicable.
NEET UG Application Correction:
One time opportunity will be provided by the board to make correction in the applications. Details regarding NEET application correction are mentioned below:
- Corrections can be done only through online mode.
- Correction facility will be provided in the first week of November 2018(Feb Exam) & third week of April 2018 (May Exam).
- Candidates will be intimated through e-mail/SMS regarding correction in photograph and signature. The same will be available in the candidate‟s login account.
- Candidates can also make corrections in particular fieldslike:
- Date of birth
- Identification Identity
- State code of eligibility
- Medium of exam paper
- Disability status
- Examination Center
- Qualifying Examination Code & Percentage (%) of Marks Obtained in Class 12th
- Parents Name (Father’s & Mother’s)
- In case of any additional fee, candidates can pay through debit/credit card and net banking.
NEET UG Eligibility Criteria
Students must check their eligibility before filling the application form. Candidates can check the detailed NEET 2019 eligibility criteria from below:
- Candidates must have completed the age of 17 years.
- The maximum age limit will be 25 years (30 years for SC/ST & OBC).
- IndianNationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for NEET UG.
- Candidates belong to J&K state will be eligible to apply for 15% All India Quota on the basis of self declaration.
Adhaar Card Mandate:
- Aadhar number is not mandatoryto apply for NEET exam.
- J&K, Assam & Meghalaya candidates can also apply by providing their passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Government ID number.
- NRI candidates can apply by Adhaar Card number or Passport Number.
- PIO, OCI & Foreign nationals candidates can apply by Passport Number.
|QualifyingExam||Students must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam.|
|Appearing Candidates||Students appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible.|
|Subjects||In the qualifying exam, students should have physics, chemistry, biology/bio-technology with English as compulsory subject.|
|PercentageCriteria||Minimum 50% marks for general, 45% marks for PH and 40% marks for SC/ST candidates in the PCB group.|
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
Below we are providing the details about NEET 2019 exam pattern:
- Date of Exam:The exam will be organized on 3rd February to 17th February 2019 (Feb exam) & 12th May to 26th May 2019 (May Exam).
- Mode of Exam:The exam will be organized through computer based (online) mode.
- Type of Questions:There will be objective type questions in the exam.
- Duration:The exam duration will be of three hours.
- Number of Questions:Total 180 questions will be asked.
- Language:The question paper will be asked in Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kananda languages.
- Marking Scheme:For each correct answer, four marks will be given.
- Negative Marking:For each incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
NEET 2019 Syllabus
A common syllabus will be prescribed by MCI (Medical Council of India) for the NEET UG exam. NEET 2019 syllabus will contain physics, chemistry and biology subjects. Students can check the detailed syllabus from below:
- Physical world and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Electronic Devices, etc.
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- p-Block Elements
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- p-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Phenols and Ethers
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc.
- Diversity in Living World
- Cell Structure and Function
- Human Physiology
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Plant Physiology
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Ecology and Environment
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biotechnology and Its Applications, etc.
How to Prepare for NEET UG 2019
A good preparation for NEET UG exam will help students to achieve good rank in the examination. Candidates can follow the NEET 2019 preparations tips given below:
- Firstly, candidates should create a study scheduleand give equal time to all the subjects.
- Never prepare long hours of study in schedule also includes short intervalsof rest.
- Students should prepare as per the officially prescribed syllabusand exam pattern.
- Candidates should focus in the weak topicsof the syllabus and work hard on them.
- Practice from previous year question papersit will help you to know the exam pattern.
- Also take care of your healthwhile preparing for exams.
- Take healthy and nutritious dietand avoid junk foods.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
Question: When will be the NEET application form released?
Answer: The application form will be released from 1st October 2018 (Feb Exam) & second week of March 2018 (May Exam).
Question: Who can appear in NEET UG examination?
Answer: Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs and Foreign Nationals candidates are eligible to apply.
Question: I am appearing in the 10+2 examinations. Am I eligible to apply?
Answer: Yes, candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
Question: How NRI candidates can apply for NEET examination without Aadhaar Card?
Answer: No need to fill application through aadhaar card details. You can fill the form from any other valid ID proof.
Question: When will be the NEET examination conducted?
Answer: The examination will be conducted on 3rd February to 17th February 2019 (Feb exam) & 12th May to 25th May 2019 (May Exam).
Question: Are NIOS or Private students eligible to apply for NEET exam?
Answer: No, NIOS & private students can not apply.
Question: What is the minimum marks criteria to appear for the NEET examination?
Answer: In the qualifying exam (PCB group), candidates will have to obtain at least 50% marks for general/OBC, 45% marks for PH and 40% marks for SC/ST candidates.
Question: Is there any negative marking in the NEET UG examination?
Answer: Yes, one mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. You can check the detailed exam pattern above.
Question: What is the number of attempts for appearing in NEET exam?
Answer: Attempt bar has been removed by MCI. Now there is no attempt limit.
Question: My date of birth is not fully mentioned in the Aadhaar Card. Should I have to make correction in it?
Answer: There is no need to fill the application on the basis of Aadhaar Card details.
NEET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully submitted their application will be able to get the NEET 2019 admit card. Here we are providing details about admit card:
- NEET hall ticket 2019 will be released in the 1stweek of January 2019 (Feb exam) & 1st week of May 2019 (May exam).
- The board will provide the facility to get the admit card via online mode.
- A format for affixing of postcard size photographwill be released along with the admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy found in the admit card, contact with the officials.
- When student will download their hall ticket, a PDF copyof the same will be send to the candidate’s registered email ID.
NEET UG Answer Key 2019
The answer key will be released along with OMR responses through online mode. NEET answer key 2019 will be published within a week after the exam. The board will offer the facility to challenge against the answer key. Candidates will have to pay Rs. 1000/- per answer to challenge the answer key. Candidates will have to visit their login portal. Enter their user ID (registration number) and password to challenge the answer key.
NEET 2019 Result
Here we are providing details about the NEET 2019 result:
- Students those will appear in the exam can check their result via online mode.
- Result will be announced in the 1stweek of March 2019 (Feb exam) & 1st week of June 2019 (May exam).
- It will not be prepared category wise.
- There will be no provision of re-evaluation/re-checking of the answer sheets.
NEET UG 2019 Rank List:
- The board will prepare a merit list as per the guidance of DGHS, MCI and DCI.
- The merit list will be prepared for the 15% All India Quota.
- Students will be invited for counselling as per their rank in the NEET UG examination.
NEET Cut Off 2019
Candidates have to secure marks more than cut off to qualify the examination. Candidates can check details about NEET 2019 cut off from below:
- The cut off will be published through online mode.
- It will be released along with the result.
- The cut off will depend upon different factors like number of candidates appeared in the exam, student’s performance, difficulty level of the exam, etc.
- The previous years qualifying cut off(out of 720 marks) of NEET UG exam is mentioned below:
|OBC, SC & ST||288|
|UR – PH||324|
|OBC, SC, ST – PH||288|
NEET Counselling 2019
- The counselling process will be organized through online mode.
- Counselling for 15% All India Quotaseats will be administrated by Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services.
- State level counselling will be organized separately by the respective state counselling authorities.
- NEET 2019 counselling will be commenced from the second week of June 2019.
- Firstly, candidates have to registerfor counselling and fill their preferences for admission.
- Seats will be allotted to students as per their merit, category and availability of seats in colleges.
- Once a seat will allotted, candidates have to report to the allotted college within the notified schedule.