How to Apply for Voter ID Online in Madhya Pradesh
Before the advent of online facilities to apply for Voter ID, citizens had to wait for a camp to be set up in their areas by the Election Commission of India which was not done frequently. But, it would not be an exaggeration to state that online application for a new Voter ID has made the process completely hassle free.
Follow the steps given below to apply for a Voter ID online in Madhya Pradesh:
- Visit the website of Chief Electoral Officer of Madhya Pradesh. In the homepage, select “Online Services for Voters”.
- Choose the option to apply online for registration as new voter using Form 6. You will be redirected to National Voter’s Services Portal and the Form 6 will be displayed.
- You will be required to select your state and Assembly or Parliamentary Constituency from a drop down menu before filling in your personal details.
- In the applicant’s detail part of the form, you will be required to enter name, surname, gender, age, details about place of birth and parent’s or spouse’s name.
- You will also have to enter details about your family members whose name have been included in the electoral roll for your assembly constituency.
- After filling the form, you can reset or save the details. Select the “Upload” button at the top of the page to upload all your documents.
- Once you have submitted the form and all information has been verified, Booth Level Officers (BLOs) will visit your address to check the information and will clear your application. After approval, the ECI will send the Voter ID card to your place of address.
How to Apply for Voter ID Offline in Madhya Pradesh
For the benefit of people who do not have access to the internet and for people who are not familiar with the online application process for new Voter ID, the Election Commission also has an offline process. All you have to do is get an application form and submit it with other documents at the Electoral office to enrol for a new Voter ID in Madhya Pradesh.
Read the steps given below to understand how to apply for a Voter ID offline in Madhya Pradesh:
- The first step to apply offline for a Voter ID in Madhya Pradesh is to secure an application form. The form number with their respective purposes is mentioned below.
- Form 7 – Application form for objection to include a name in electoral roll
- Form 8 A – Application form for transposition of an entry in the electoral roll
- Form 8 – Application form for correction of details in electoral roll
- Form 6 – Application for inclusion of name in electoral roll after the draft publication of roll
- Secure the respective form and fill it completely. Include all the necessary KYC documents and attach your photographs. As you might be asked to enter details about family members whose name have been included in the electoral roll, keep those information handy.
- Go to the nearest Electoral Registration Office and submit the form along with all other KYC documents. Once your application is accepted and is processed by the Electoral Office, Booth Level Officers (BLOs) will visit your home to confirm if the information that you have provided is correct. Once the checking is done, your Voter ID will be printed and sent to your residential address.
- Also, the Election Commission of India organizes frequent camps and drives at Designated Photographic Locations which are publicized on print media and on radio. People can make use of such direct drives to get a Voter ID card without any hassles.
How to track status in Madhya Pradesh
Tracking Voter ID Status Online
To check the status of your Voter ID application online, you can follow the steps given below.
- Visit the Madhya Pradesh CEO website(http://ceomadhyapradesh.nic.in/Status.aspx).
- You can opt to check the status of a new registration or an updation.
- Enter your Registration ID in the slot provided.
- Click on “Show status” to generate your results.
Tracking Voter ID status via SMS
This facility is not available in Madhya Pradesh yet, but may be rolled out in the future.
Calling on the Dedicated ECI Helpline Number
You can call the ECI Helpline number 1950 toll free. The helpline is available on all working days between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm.
How to Apply for Duplicate Voter ID in Madhya Pradesh
In case you have misplaced or lost your Voter ID or if your Voter ID is stolen, you can get a duplicate Voter ID with no difficulties. To apply for a duplicate Voter ID in Madhya Pradesh, follow the steps given below:
- If your Voter ID is stolen, first file a FIR at the nearest police station. You will have to submit an application regarding the place of loss, date of loss, Voter ID number and other such details.
- After filing the FIR, procure Form 002 issued by the ECI (Election Commission of India) which has been specifically created for the issue of duplicate Voter ID card.
- Additional documents including address proof, identity proof and age proof must be attached with form 002. The form and other documents must be submitted at the Election Commission Office that works for your constituency. If all details are found to be correct, the new Voter ID will be sent to your home address.
Process of Voter ID Card Correction Online in Madhya Pradesh
It is of utmost importance that you ensure that all details are printed correctly in your Voter ID card. In case there is any discrepancy in the name, photograph or address mentioned in the Voter ID, you must get it corrected immediately as the Voter ID card acts as your identity.
Here are the steps to make corrections in your Voter ID online in Madhya Pradesh:
- Go to the website of Chief Electoral Officer of Madhya Pradesh. In the homepage, select “Online Services for Voters”. In the resulting page, choose “Application for correction to particulars entered in electoral roll through Form 8”.
- You will be redirected to National Voter’s Service Portal (NVSP) and the Form 8 will be displayed on the screen.
- In form 8, you will have to enter details like your State and Parliamentary Constituency. In the “Applicant’s Details” section, you will have to enter your name, part number of electoral roll, serial number in the part, age, gender, particulars of place of present address, details of other EPIC (Elector’s Photo Identity card) which was issued in some other constituency.
- After filling in all correct details, you will have to upload supporting documents like your photograph, address proof, identity proof. You will also have to mention details of the entries to be corrected, the following details can be corrected.
- Name (Spelling, initials, surname etc)
- Name of mother, father or spouse
- Elector’s Photo Identity Card Number
- You will have the option to Reset, Save or Submit your form. Once the form is submitted, your details will be verified and changed in your Voter ID card.
Process of Voter ID Card Correction Offline in Madhya Pradesh
In some cases due to compiling errors, the spelling of your name, address or photograph might be printed incorrectly on your Voter ID card. You must get it corrected immediately to avoid any difficulties in future.
Follow the points given below to understand how to make a correction in Voter ID card offline in Madhya Pradesh:
- Procure Form 8 (you can download it from the ECI website or get it at the nearest Election Commission Office). Fill in all details completely and correctly.
- You will also have to present supporting documents like photographs, address proof, age proof and identity proof along with the form. For example, if you want to change the spelling of your name, you must present an identity proof document in which your name has been printed correctly.
- Submit all documents at the nearest Election Commission Office, your application for change of particulars will be reviewed and the new updated Voter ID will be sent to your home address.
Process of Change of Address in Voter ID online in Madhya Pradesh
If the voter has moved to a different constituency or address, he must ensure that the address is changed in the Voter ID also accordingly. Since Voter ID is a complete proof of identity and address, you must always keep your address up to date.
Follow the steps given below to change your address online in the Voter ID card in MP:
- Log on to the website of Chief Electoral Officer of Madhya Pradesh. Choose “Online Services for Voters”. In the resulting page, select “Application for transposition of entry in electoral roll through Form 8 A”. Form 8 A will be displayed on the screen.
- You will have to select your state and assembly or parliamentary constituency before you enter the details of the voter whose entry is to be transposed.
- You will have to enter name, surname, and part number of electoral roll in which the voter’s name is included, serial number of part, Elector’s Photo Identity Card Number, husband’s name / parent’s name, town, post office, taluka, district, email address and mobile number.
- You will have to enter the period of continuous residence at the address that you have mentioned on the date of application, part number to which the entry has to be transposed and the details of the applicant.
- You will have to upload KYC documents and photographs before you submit the form. Your application will be accepted and if all details are valid, the address will be changed in your Voter ID card.
Process for Change of Address in Voter ID offline in Madhya Pradesh
In case you have moved to a new address or a different constituency, you should change your address at once on the Voter ID card also.
Read the steps given below to understand how to change address in Voter ID card offline in Madhya Pradesh:
- Get form 8 A from the nearest Election Commission office or download it from the National Voter’s Services Portal website. Form 8 A is for transposition of entry in the electoral list and is prescribed by the Election Commission of India.
- Attach supporting documents like address proof and age proof and submit the Form at the nearest Election Commission office for your constituency.
- Your application will be reviewed and the new Voter ID will be sent to your home address by the Election Commission Office.