The main examination pattern JEE 2019 indicates the examination mode, the type of question, the classification system, etc. The JEE Core Exam is a national exam organized to offer engineering and architecture courses offered by ILS, IIIT, and IIT.
It is made in two parts, namely, paper 1 for engineering and paper 2 for architecture. It will be done online. Through this article, we provide detailed information about JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern.
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2019
JEE Main 2019 examination will be organized on 6th – 20th January 2019 (Jan session) and 6th – 20st April 2019 (April session). The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) is limited to 03 (three).
JEE Main Paper 1 Exam Pattern
Check the JEE Main 2019 exam pattern for paper-1 and paper-2 from here:
- Courses:The paper-1 of JEE Main 2019 will be conducted for admission to undergraduate engineering courses.
- Subjects:JEE Main Paper 1 will contain questions from chemistry, physics and mathematics subjects.
- Number of Questions:It will contain total 90 objective type questions. Weightage to all subjects are given equally. Total 30 questions will be asked from each subject.
- Exam Duration:The exam duration will be 3 hours. 4 hours for candidates having 40% disability.
- Exam Mode:The mode of exam for paper-1 is online as well as offline. Students can appear in the examination through CBT or PBT mode.
- Question Paper Medium:For all exam cities centers, the question paper medium is English and Hindi. Students filling the exam centers in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Havel cities have the option to opt the question paper in English, Hindi and Gujarati medium. Candidates have to exercise the option of question paper language at the time of filling the application form.
- Marking Scheme:Each correct question will carry 4 marks.
- Negative Marking:1/4 negative marking for every incorrect answer i.e. 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
JEE Main Paper 2 Exam Pattern
- Courses:The paper-2 of JEE Main 2019 will be conducted for admission to undergraduate architecture courses.
- Subjects:The JEE Main Paper 2 will comprises of three parts which are mathematics, aptitude test, and drawing test.
- Number of Questions:This paper will consist total 50 questions for aptitude test, 2 questions for drawing test and 30 questions from mathematics.
- Exam Duration:The duration of the exam will be 3 hours. 4 hours for candidates having 40% disability.
- Exam Mode:The mode of exam for paper-2 is offline only. No online mode is available for this paper.
- Question Paper Medium:Question paper medium is English and Hindi. Students filling the exam centers in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Havel cities have the option to opt the question paper in English, Hindi and Gujarati medium.
- Marking System:Each objective type question will carry 4 marks for the correct response and 2 drawing questions contain total of 70 marks.
- Negative Marking:For each incorrect response 1/4 of the total marks allotted to that question will be deducted from the total score.
Schedule of Examination 2019
The examination schedule for JEE Main exam for Paper 1(B. E./B. Tech.) and Paper 2 (B.Arch./B. Planning.) are given below:
|1st week of April 2019||Paper 1 (BE/B.Tech)||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||9:30 AM to 12:30 PM|
|Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning)||Mathematics, Aptitude Test & Drawing Test||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM|
|3rd week of April 2019||Paper 1 (BE/B.Tech)||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (1st Shift)|
2:00 PM to 5:00 PM (2nd Shift)