NTA will conduct JEE main 2019. Now, knowing the JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria is the first step towards admission to the IITs, NITS and CFTIs of the nation. Now, it must be noted that NTA has not made any changes in the JEE Main eligibility criteria. Those candidates who will fit into the eligibility of JEE Main 2019, will be only allowed to take the examination. So, what is the eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2019? Thus, let us dig up the details on each of the eligibility criteria that a candidate must fulfil to be able to sit in the examination. Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main will be conducted in the month of January and April 2019. Therefore, all aspiring candidates clear all confusions regarding JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria on this page below.
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria includes several factors. So it is important to take care while checking the eligibility criteria. Here is a questionnaire for you, if all the answers turn up to be “yes”, then you are eligible for JEE Main 2019! Lets us begin.
- Nationality:Candidates must be Indian Citizen.
- NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign national candidates can also apply.
- Number of Attempts:Candidates can apply for JEE Main exam only three times.
- Aadhaar Card is compulsory to apply for this exam.
Requirement of “Aadhar Card”:
- All the Indian citizen candidates should possess AADHAAR card issued by UIDAI. At the time of filling application form of JEE (Main)–2019, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender which will be validated with the UIDAI’s data.
- In case, these particulars do not match, the candidates will not be able to fill the application form for JEE (Main)–2019. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records.
- If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be.
- Candidates from Meghalaya, J & K and Assamare excluded from this provision. These candidates have to enter their passport number, bank account number, ration card number or any other valid Govt. identity number to get examination center in these states only.
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
|Date of Birth||· Candidates who are born on or after October 1, 1993 are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2019 exam.|
· Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD), must have been born on or after October 1, 1988 to be eligible for JEE Main. Candidates of these categories have been given a relaxation of 5 years.
Note: Date of birth will be considered as mentioned in the Secondary Education Board/ University certificate.
|Qualifying exam||· Candidates must have passed class XII or qualifying exam in 2017 or 2018.|
· Candidates appearing in class XII or equivalent qualifying exam in 2019 can also apply for JEE Main.
|Subjects/subject combination||· It is mandatory for candidates to have taken 5 subjects in class XII or equivalent qualifying exam|
The 5 subjects for B.Tech/ B.E. are:
1-Language, 2-Physics, 3-Mathematics, 4-Any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject), 5-Any other subject
The 5 subjects for B.Arch/ B.Planning are:
1-Language, 2-Physics, 3-Mathematics (compulsory), 4-Any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject), 5-Any other subject
|Number of attempts||JEE Main candidates can avail 3 attempts for the national level undergraduate engineering entrance exam.|
Now if the answer to all the above questions (except for the 4th one) is “YES”, then you are eligible to take JEE Main 2019. If the answer to the last question, i.e. question no. 4 is “YES”, then you are not eligible for JEE Main 2019.
Relaxation in Eligibility for appearing in JEE Main 2019
Date of Birth: Those who belong to SC/ ST/ PWD Category will get the relaxation of 5 years in the upper age.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination: No Relaxation
- List of Qualifying Examinations:To be eligible for JEE Main 2018, the students should qualify for any of the following exams as given below
- Class 12 board exam which any recognized central/ state Board conducts; such as CBSE, ISCE.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination which a recognized Board/ University holds.
- The final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) Senior Secondary School Examination with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ University/ Board examination in India or in any foreign country which the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) recognizes as equivalent to the 12th standard.
- List of Qualifying Examination Recognised by IITs:There are certain qualifying exams which only IITs recognise:
- S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma which AICTE recognizes or a state board of technical education of at least 3-year duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate
- Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- If the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, then the student should have passed at least one public either Board or Pre-University examination at an earlier level.
The number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination: No Relaxation
The combination of subjects that the candidates must have included:
- For BE / B.Tech Courses
- In addition to any one of the following from Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical vocational subject
- Any other subject
- For B.Arch / B.Planning Courses
- Mathematics subject along with the required percentage of marks in total including five subjects
Number of Attempts: No Relaxation. Only 3 consecutive attempts are allowed in JEE Main. That means that if you have already attempted JEE Main in 2016, 2017 and 2018, then you are not allowed to take JEE main in 2019.
Eligibility for Admission in NITs, IIITs and CFTIs:
- Minimum Marks: For admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs, candidates should secure minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ST students) in the qualifying examination or must be in top 20 percentile in class 12th examination conducted by respective boards.
- Subjects combination required in the qualifying exam for admission in engineering & architecture courses are mentioned below:
|Course||Criteria Required for Admission|
|BE/B.Tech||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational|
|B.Arch/B.Planning||Passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics.|