IBPS PO 2018 Official Notification has been released by IBPS on 9th August. With the release of official notification, IBPS PO Recruitment 2018 has started. The Online Registration for IBPS PO 2018 will start from 14th August and the last date to apply online is 4th September 2018.
The IBPS CWE 2018 is for selection of candidates to the 27 public sector banks and Regional Rural Banks (RRBs). It is conducted at various locations throughout India and in online mode only. IBPS CWE-VIII PO Pre-Exam 2018 is tentatively scheduled on 13th, 14th, 20th and 21st October 2018 while the IBPS PO Main Examination will be tentatively held on 18th November 2018.
IBPS PO 2018 Exam Dates
The IBPS PO exam dates has been released with its official notification. The important dates for IBPS PO /MT CWE VIII 2018 are as follows:
- On-line registration (Modification, Online Payment) by candidates – 14th August 2018 – 4th September 2018
- IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Date – 13th, 14th, 20th and 21st October 2018
- IBPS PO Mains Exam Date – 18th November 2018
- Declaration of IBPS PO Mains Exam Result – December 2018
- Declaration and download of IBPS PO Interview Call Letter- January 2019
- Date of IBPS PO Interview – January / February 2019
- Allotment of Provisional Posting – April 2019
IBPS PO 2018 Vacancy
More than 20 lakh aspirants appear for the IBPS Bank PO examination every year. IBPS has already released the official notification, exam dates & vacancies for IBPS PO 2018. IBPS introduced 4102 vacancies for IBPS PO 2018-19 Exam. IBPS PO Vacancy 2018 is likely to be more or less same as that of last year.
Available Posts for IBPS PO 2018-19: 4102 Vacant Posts
IBPS PO Recruitment 2018 – Selection Process
Probationary Officers (PO) and Management Trainees (MT) are recruited every year through a Common Written Examination (CWE), commonly known as the IBPS PO exam. The CWE was started in 2011 and is being conducted for the eighth time this year and hence is officially called IBPS PO /MT CWE VIII 2018.The IBPS PO selection process consists of 3 phases (preliminary, mains and interview) and the candidate must qualify each of them to proceed to the next phase. Mentioned below are the important steps of the IBPS PO Recruitment Process:
Online Preliminary Examination:
An adequate number of candidates in each category are shortlisted by IBPS depending upon requirements for Online Main Examination
Online Mains Examination:
Candidates must qualify the sectional as well as overall cutoff in the main exam to be eligible for interview.
Interview will be conducted by the Participating Organizations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each State/ UT with the help of IBPS
The Final result is declared on the basis of candidates combined performance in IBPS PO Mains and Interview Rounds.
- The provisional allotment of the qualified candidate is released on the official website.
- The IBPS Banks are allotted based on candidates’ preferences which are made at the time of online application.
- IBPS plays its part in the selection process only till the provisional allotment to different banks.
- After that, the responsibility to intimate the qualified candidates about their joining dates and procedure lies with the respective banks.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2018 Prelims And Mains
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2018 Mains Exam
|Name of Tests(Objective||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Mins|
|English Language||35||40||40 Mins|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 Mins|
|General Economy & Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Mins|
|Total -155||200||3 Hours|
IBPS PO Interview
- The candidates who have qualified the mains exam are called for a face to face interview which carries a maximum of 100 marks. The minimum qualifying marks in the interview is 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
- The interview round is generally 15-20 minutes long, where a panel of bank officials ask questions to the candidates about themselves, banking sector, current affairs, general awareness, etc. The candidates must be well dressed, confident and carry all required documents to the interview.
- The final merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained in mains examination and interview. The final scoreis calculated by IBPS with weightage of marks given to the main examination and interviewin the ratio of 80:20 respectively.
Penalty for Wrong Answers:
There is a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests of both Preliminary and Mains exams. A wrong answer to an objective question by the candidate will lead to a penalty of one fourth of the marks assigned to that question. For example, 0.25 marks will be deducted as penalty for wrong answer to a question that carries 1 mark. There will be no penalty for leaving a question blank, i.e. if no answer is marked by the candidate.
Final Score Calculation for IBPS PO Exam:
The final score for the IBPS PO exam is calculated keeping the following points in mind:
- Marks obtained in the Preliminary Exam (Tier-1) will not be considered in the final score and are only for qualifying to Mains Exam (Tier-2).
- Candidates must qualify Phase-2 and Interview separately to be eligible for final merit.
- The weightage (ratio) of CWE Main exam and interview for final merit list will be 80:20 respectively.
- The aggregate score out of 100 is used for the final merit list for each category.Candidates with top merit rank in each category are finally selected.
IBPS PO Syllabus 2018 – Prelims and Mains Exam
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures &Alligations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Multiple Meaning / Error Spotting|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Miscellaneous|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria – 2018
Graduation Degree: The eligibility criteria for the IBPS CWE exam is as basic as a graduation degree (BA, BCom, BSc, B.Tech or as such) in any discipline from a University recognized by the Government of India. Any such candidate who has received equivalent qualification which is recognized by the Central Government is also eligible to apply for this exam.
The candidates must be in possession of a valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that certifies that they are a graduate on the day they registers for this exam, and must indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering for the IBPS Bank-PO examination.
Computer Literacy: Working knowledge of computer systems is necessary for the job as well as to give the IBPS PO exam which is conducted in online mode.
Language Proficiency: Verbal and written proficiency in official language of the State/UT is desirable. The candidate must be able to read, write and speak the language.
Nationality / Citizenship of Applicants:
A candidate applying for IBPS CWE/Bank PO Examination must be one of the following:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire,Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India
Candidates belonging to the category 2, 3, 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt of India in their favour.
Age Eligibility of candidates applying for IBPS Bank PO Examination:
Any candidate who is applying for the IBPS CWE examination should not be less than 20 years old and not more than 30 years old at the time of registration. In addition to this, there is age relaxation applicable to category wise candidates as per the government rules:
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) –5 years
- Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer)- 3 years
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) –10 years
- Ex-Servicemen (Army personnel) –5 years
- Widows/Divorced Women – 9 years
- Persons with Domicile of Jammu &Kashmir during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989 – 5 years
- Persons affected by 1984 riots – 5 years
- Regular Employees of Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service(for MP state Only) –5 years
IBPS PO Online Application
The application for IBPS PO Exam 2018 needs to be done online. To avoid any technical errors please make sure that the web-browser used to fill up the IBPS PO 2018 Application form is one of the following:
- Internet Explorer 8 and above
- Mozilla FireFox 3.0 and above
- Google Chrome 3.0 and above
- Candidates applying online must have the following pre-requisites:
- A valid Email Id
- Photograph and Signature scanned in the prescribed size
- Application Fee must be paid online so all document required for online transaction
The IBPS PO 2018 application form can only be filled on the official website.
IBPS PO Application Fee
IBPS PO 2018 Admit Card & Call Letter
Candidates must download the IBPS PO 2018 admit card from the official website of the bank as the hard copy of the IBPS PO Admit Card will not be sent to the candidate via post. To login on the official website, the candidates will require the following:
- Registration No/Roll No
- Date of Birth/ Password
The admit card will be made available 10 to 15 days before the IBPS PO 2018 Exam. The admit card or call letter for IBPS PO 2018 will be issued in 3 phases:
- Online Preliminary Examination
- Online Mains Examination
IBPS PO 2018 Results
- IBPS will release the results after completion of each Phase of Examination.
- The Final Merit state wise and category wise List shall be prepared in descending order of the marks secured by the candidates in the Online Main Examination and interview.
- Candidates who fall within the number of vacancies in the merit list shall be considered for appointment subject to Medical Fitness.
IBPS PO Cut off 2018 – IBPS Po cut Off Prelims and Mains Exam
IBPS PO Pre Exam Cut off 2017-18
The cutoff for IBPS PO Preliminary Exam 2017-18 is shown below for reference:
|Subjects||English||Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning Ability||Total|
IBPS PO Prelims 2017-18 Category-wise Cut-Off
- Scheduled Caste (SC) – 36.00
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) – 28.50
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) – 42.25
- General (Gen) – 42.75
- Hearing Impaired – 15.75
- Orthopaedically Challenged – 28.75
- Visually Impaired – 23.25
- Intellectual Disability – 17.75
IBPS PO FAQs
Is the IBPS PO exam Bilingual?
All tests are bilingual, i.e. available in both English and Hindi
Is there Negative Marking?
Yes, there is negative marking for wrong answer in the objective tests of both Preliminary and Mains Exam of IBPS PO 2017. One fourth of the total marks allotted for that question will be deducted for marking a wrong answer.
Are there fixed timings for different sections?
Not in Prelims, Yes in Mains