Assam University is one of the Central University located in Silchar, Assam. The Assam University was established in the year 1994 under the Assam Central University Act 1989 and was approved by the AICTE and Bar Council of India (BCI) as well as University Grants Commission (UGC).
The official authorities of the Assam University conduct an entrance exam for the eligible applicants every year with an aim to provide admission to the applicants in different courses.
However, applicants who are interested in getting admission in different courses such as AICTE approved full-time MBA programme and doctoral courses leading to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), undergraduate courses in the field of Pharmacy, as well as Integrated, PG, Diploma, PG Diploma, Certificate, M.Phil. And Ph.D. courses need to appear for the entrance exam and score well in the entrance exam. The Assam University is situated at Dargakona, near Irongmara about 20 km from Silchar, while a second campus of the university is at Diphu, in the East Karbi Anglong district of Assam.
However, applicants can go through the official website of the university in order to get complete information related to the entrance exam.
|Important Dates||Click Here|
|How to Apply||Click Here|
|Admit Card/Hall Ticket||Click Here|
|Answer key||Click Here|
|Cut off||Click Here|
|Counselling/ Admission Procedure||Click Here|
|Exam Pattern||Click Here|
Below mention is the list of the courses offered to the applicants
- Tech Courses:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Computer Science & Engineering
- MBA Courses:
- Human Resources Management
- IT Management
- Operations Management
- Law Courses:
- B (Hons.)
- M (Master of Laws)
- Pharmacy Courses:
Assam University 2019 Exam Date
The important information related to the important events and tentative Dates Assam University 2019 are mention below for the reference of the applicants:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form||March 2019|
|Closing date of online application form||June 2019|
|Last date to reception of application fee at SBI||June 2019|
|The issue of Admit Card||July 2019|
|Group discussion and personal interview round||July 2019|
|Written skill assessment test (WSAT)||July 2019|
|Declaration of the results||July 2019|
|Releasing of the merit list||July 2019|
|Commencement of admission||July 2019|
Assam University 2019 Application Form
The important information related to the Application form Assam University 2019 is mention below for the reference of the applicants:
- Applicants have to visit the website.
- On the home page, the applicants need to click on the link for the application form.
- The applicant needs to fill out the application with all the correct and accurate information.
- The applicant needs to click on the submit tab.
- Applicants also have to keep a hard copy of the application form one the form is filled.
- After that, the applicant needs to pay the application fee before the due date.
NOTE: In order to get information about the application form completely please refer to the website.
Assam University 2019 Application Fee
The important information related to the application fee is mention below for the reference of the applicants:
- Applicant needs to pay the application fee through challan.
- The Challan can be deposited in any branch of the State Bank of India in offline mode.
- The applicant should keep some copy of Challan after depositing the requisite fee for future usage.
- Applicants need to pay Rs 1540/- as application fee for BAMS / BHMS and engineering courses.
- However, applicants who want to appear for any one course from the BAM / BHMS or engineering course needs to pay Rs 1240/- as application fee.
- The applicant will be able to get a clear idea of the application fee from the table given below:
|BAMS/BHMS and Engineering||Rs. 1540/-|
Assam University 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The important information related to the eligibility criteria is mention below for the reference of the applicants:
- Applicant must be an Indian Citizen at the time of admission.
- Residential Eligibility:
- Applicant should be a permanent resident of Assam (min 20yrs) and should hold a valid domicile certificate.
- Age Criteria:
- The age of the applicant will lie between 17 to 24 years at the time of admission.
- Educational qualification:
- One must have passed HSC exam from a known university in order to get admission in the institution.
- Compulsory subjects:
- One must have physics, chemistry, mathematics/biology and English as mandatory subjects it the exam.
- Qualifying marks:
- One should score minimum 50% marks in the qualifying exam (45% marks in case of reserved category applicants)
Assam University 2019 Exam Pattern
The important information related to the paper pattern is mention below for the reference of the applicants:
- Applicants will get 2 hours to solve each paper in the entrance exam.
- There will be 100 questions asked in the entrance exam.
- The question paper is will consist of multiple choice questions.
- Each question carries one mark in the entrance exam.
- There shall be no negative marking for wrong answers in the question paper.
- The question paper will consist of below mention subjects:
Assam University 2019 Exam Syllabus
Applicants need to refer to the official website of the university in order to get information about the syllabus as official authorities will be responsible to update complete information related to the important topics and chapters for the preparation of the entrance exam on the official website of the university for the reference of the applicants.
Assam University 2019 Exam Admit Card
The important information related to the Admit card Assam University 2019 is mention below for the reference of the applicants:
- Admit card is also known as Hall ticket and will be released in online mode.
- Applicants will be able to download the Admit card from the official website.
- Applicants who are attaining exams are informed to carry valid admit cards with id proof as it will be required.
- Without admit card authority will not permit applicant to appear for the entrance exam
Below mention is the list of the Details available on the Admit Card of the applicant:
- Applicants Name
- Father Name
- Roll Number
- Information about Exam Name, Date & Time
- Address of the Examination Center
Assam University 2019 Exam Results
The important information related to the Results 2019 Assam University is mention below for the reference of the applicants:
- Results will be available on the official website of the university in online mode.
- Applicants need to log in with their registration information on the official website in order to see the results.
- It is also advised to download the results from the website.
- After that, they should keep some copies of the same and keep the result safely until the time of admission procedure.
Assam University 2019 Exam Counselling
The important information related to the counseling session is mention below for the reference of the applicants:
- On the basis of the performance of the applicant in the entrance exam as well as in the counseling session applicants will get admission in the institution.
- The selection will be made on the basis of merit list, through entrance test and from personal interview decided by the authority.
- The list of the selected applicants will be put on the notice board of the department as well as on the official website of the university
- None of the applicants will be intimated individually by the authority.
- Applicants will also be called for the interview on the prescribed date and venue by the head of the department and so applicants need to be present in person on the decided date.